BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION FORM
The Rosé Society is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) comprised of a cross-community selection of women from North Alabama who are dedicated and committed to supporting women and children’s charities through the fundraising efforts of our annual Rose Society ball.
We are accepting Board of Director Applications through September 30, 2023.
The Rosé Society raises money to partner with different charities in and around North Alabama that fill physical and mental needs or offer support in the lives of local women and children. The Rosé ball is the means for our society to be able to provide the monetary donations to various non-profit charities because of the generous sponsors and patrons who support our gala.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a director of the Rosé Society of Huntsville, Alabama.
Serving as a director is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read the entire application and Director Responsibilities before you begin filling it out.
This application will be kept confidential and on file by the acting Secretary of the Rosé Society. The Board’s Nominating Committee uses the applications to identify and evaluate potential director candidates. Current board members will elect a new director by a majority vote among membership.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves a minimum of a one (1) year term as a director. Membership is renewable yearly for members in good standing.
- Annual dues of $500 must be paid in full in the time allotted / $250 deposit with complete and signed director commitment and complete payment by November 30th.
- Attend a minimum of 33% of the scheduled general planning meetings. Regularly scheduled monthly meetings will occur on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate as an active member of a minimum of two committees
- Must participate in one workday with a minimum participation of 3 hours in the setup or takedown of our annual ball.
- Makes every effort to attend the annual ball, exceptions must be approved by a majority of the active membership
- Stays informed about committee matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other directors that contributes to consensus.
- Participates in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in the advancement of the strategic plan of the society, including fundraising, sponsorship acquisition, donation procurement, ticket sales, and member recruitment.
- New directors will be evaluated at 90 days after instatement and 90 days pre-ball to determine their initiative in attending meetings, participation in fundraising and willingness to be an active participant on a committee
- Yearly renewal of the director’s membership is not automatically assumed and will be determined based on participation and by the vote of the Executive Board and Governance committee.